1. Protecting your privacy
- Account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe.
- Localtweeps does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 13. If Localtweeps learns that a person is under the age of 13, Localtweeps will remove that person's information.
- Localtweeps, or people who post on Localtweeps, may provide links to third-party Web sites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor do we have any control over, the privacy policies of those third-party websites, and we encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every site visited.
2. Data we collect
- Localtweeps does not store credit card information. Credit card transactions are transmitted to a financial gateway, and we endeavor to protect the security of your payment information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
- We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, post it on our site, in your profile or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on Localtweeps' website that you expect to keep private.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Localtweeps site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
3. Data we store
- All postings and other member created content are stored in our database, even after "deletion," and may be archived elsewhere.
- Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
- Although we make good-faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
4. Archiving and display of Localtweeps postings by search engines and other sites
- Search engines and other sites not affiliated with Localtweeps - including archive.org, google.com, and yahoo.com - archive or otherwise make available Localtweeps postings.
5. Circumstances in which Localtweeps may release information
- Localtweeps may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
6. International Users
- y visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of Localtweeps we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.
- Please contact us to share your feedback.